Clinical Associate Professor Anthony Au
Tony completed his Bachelor of Dental Surgery at the University of Sydney, where he also received his specialist training in prosthodontics. He has been actively practicing as a prosthodontist for more than 30 years and is highly sought after by both patients and referring colleagues for his ability to solve even the most complex and challenging cosmetic and restorative problems.
Tony lectures extensively locally and overseas at major conferences in the areas of temporomandibular disorders (TMD) and facial pain, fixed and removable prosthodontics and oral implants. His well-recognised research has been published in several prominent international dental journals.
Tony is a Clinical Associate Professor and continues to teach in the specialist training programme in prosthodontics at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney. He is also a clinical mentor in the graduate diploma in oral implants at the same institution.
His extensive experience, calm and soothing approach to client care ensure you are in the best of hands for specialised restorative treatment.
Tony is part of many professional memberships including:
- Member of the Australian Dental Association
- Member of International College of Prosthodontists
- Member of Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists
- Member of Australian and New Zealand Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists
- Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International
- Clinical Associate Professor, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney
Tony has the following community affiliations:
- Board member of Without a Ribbon (support group for rare cancers)
- Shore School Old Boys Union (Sydney Church of England Grammar School)